Sunday 8 November 2015

How To Clean Your Makeup Brushes


Hello!
Sorry, I've haven't been very active the  past week! But I am back today with a 'How to Clean Make Up  Brushes' tutorial. 
I don't really own that many brushes, but the ones I do own are, Real Technique Core Collection Set and Foundation Brush and I also own a Seventeen  Eye Brush. My favourite brushes are Real Techniques, they make makeup applying so easy. 

All you need is shampoo, any type will do, a towel and a sink.


 Step 1: Fill your sink with hot water, but not to hot that you will burn your hands!

Step 2: Once you have filled your sink with water, get your shampoo and put a little bit in the palm of your  hand. With one of your brushes, swirl the dirty side around you palm in circle about 10 times, quite fast. 

Step 3: After you swirled your brush around your hand, you will be able to see lots of makeup already coming of. 
Now this is the fun bit! Put the brush into the water and pinch the dirty side at the bottom and move your fingers up a couple of times to get all the soap of. 
And then place the brush on a towel afterwards.




Repeat these steps for all of your brushes, only change the water if it is really filthy!

Now all of your brushes should look all spanky clean. 
Step 4: Finally wrap the towel around the brushes, to dry them. They will dry on their own, so no need to use a hair-dryer! 


So, I hoped you liked today's blog and it has helped you!
Remember to follow me on Bloglovin and on here, buttons on the right hand side! 
Hope you had a fab week. 
Amy x







7 comments:

  1. I do the same technique but I use baby shampoo. I'm not too sure why, I just heard it was good- I guess it's because it's gentle and also super cheap!
    I didn't think of using a hair dryer, I know it wouldn't do any good for the glue holding the bristles in the long run but on a cool setting it might be brilliant for quick drying when you're in a rush!

    Aim | www.thetracesofmythoughts.blogspot.co.uk x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know a couple of people who used a hair dryer, yeah don't think it went down too good xx

      Delete
  2. I use baby shampoo and a brush egg! I'd highly recommend them xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might have to try it out xx thanks for stopping by xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do something similar :) I like using baby shampoo or the Dr Bronner Magic soap xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might have to try that out! X

    ReplyDelete